Steelcase Named One of the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich., Jan. 22, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Fortune has recognized Steelcase (NYSE:SCS) as one of its 2018 "World's Most Admired Companies" in the Home Equipment and Furnishings industry sector. Steelcase earned the third spot in the category, alongside Whirlpool, Stanley Black & Decker, Newell Brands and other notable companies.
Businesses featured on the Most Admired list are ranked by business experts through surveys, and represent excellence in nine criteria. Steelcase received high scores in the Innovation, Social Responsibility, Quality of Management, Financial Soundness and Quality of Products/Services categories.
"This recognition reflects the caliber of our employees around the world, whose commitment, creativity and innovation delight our customers every day," said Jim Keane, President and CEO of Steelcase.
Highlights from the past year that reflect the company's overall high marks include:
- Steelcase and Microsoft Corp. joined forces to explore the future of work, developing "Creative Spaces," a range of technology-enabled spaces designed to help organizations foster creative thinking and better collaboration.
- For the fourth consecutive year, Steelcase earned a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index.
- Steelcase was named a multinational finalist in the 2018 Circulars awards, an initiative of the World Economic Forum recognizing companies leading the way to a circular economy.
- At NeoCon, an annual industry event, the Steelcase showroom was named "Best Large Showroom" by the International Interior Design Association (IIDA) and Contract magazine. Six products were recognized with awards.
- The company opened its Munich Learning + Innovation Center (LINC) to propel global growth, and announced relationships with FLOS, Bolia, Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams and Blu Dot.
Fortune's rankings are published each year and reflect the observations and opinions of executives, directors and analysts from a total of 680 companies in 29 countries. Respondents rate their industry peers and competitors on nine criteria: Innovation, People Management, Use of Corporate Assets, Social Responsibility, Quality of Management, Financial Soundness, Long-term Investment Value, Quality of Products/Services and Global Competitiveness. More information on the World's Most Admired Companies can be found at http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/
About Steelcase Inc.
For over 105 years, Steelcase Inc. has helped create great experiences for the world's leading organizations, across industries. We demonstrate this through our family of brands — including Steelcase®, Coalesse®, Designtex®, PolyVision® and Turnstone®. Together, they offer a comprehensive portfolio of architecture, furniture and technology products and services designed to unlock human promise and support social, economic and environmental sustainability. We are globally accessible through a network of channels, including over 800 dealer locations. Steelcase is a global, industry-leading and publicly traded company with fiscal 2017 revenue of $3.0 billion.